I just love Thanksgiving. Family & turkey dinner without the materialism of gift giving. Since we were in Moncton last weekend, we spent this weekend in Greenwood. Quel & Ben also were at Mom and Dad's for the weekend.
Our turkey dinner was late Saturday afternoon, so earlier in the afternoon we went bowling. I was the official scorekeeper. I went bowling 2 months ago and found it a little strenuous, so I didn't think I should try at 34 weeks pregnant. It was 5 pin bowling, which I have never been apart of before. Candlepin bowling is definitely the best. Still, this was fun to watch...strange to not be playing. I know my mother would be disappointed if I did not mention that she won-so, there's that little tidbit.

Our turkey dinner was delicious. I cannot believe that I didn't take any pictures! Supper included: turkey, stuffing, carrot casserole, peas, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, squash, gravy, rolls, pickles, pecan & apple pie with ice cream. Soooo good :) We also had my Grammy join us and her brother, my great uncle John & Aunt Diane and their friend Pam.
Another great activity which took place in Greenwood was going to the Zoo. I love going to the zoo, especially with Robin and Rose because it is something we can do as a family all together. Unfortunately, Quel & Ben had left the day before, so they weren't at the zoo with us.


My favourite thing at the zoo this trip was watching a mother and baby gibbon. I think I watched them for a solid 10 minutes. It was amazing to watch their bond and love for each other.
I'll finish this post with a sweet picture of Rosie & Quel. This was taken after church at the military chapel.
No comments:
Post a Comment