Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ben & Quel's Wedding

One week ago today was my little sister's wedding. I cannot believe that she is married! It was an awesome day of celebration, family, friends, and love.

The ceremony was at 4pm, but the day really flew by. Meredith (Raquel's bridesmaid), Anna, and I all stayed at Quel's on Friday night for a sleepover. Overall, we had a pretty good sleep!

Around 10am on Saturday morning, Mitch came to pick up Anna, and Meredith, Quel, and I went to Cora's for breakfast. I have to say, that was the best dining experience that I have had in a long time. The wait was short, the plate was warm, the food was fresh, magnifique!

Our long-time friend Erin Phillips came to Quel's apartment shortly after noon to do our hair. I think this is where Quel really began to realize that today was her wedding day. She started to mention that she was feeling butterflies.
All ready to head to the church
 The ceremony was beautiful. Simple. Elegant. One of my favourite elements of the ceremony was when Ben's brother, Dan, pulled Anna down the aisle in a white wagon and the sides of it said, "Here comes the Bride."

Ben was facing the front of the church and when Quel reached the top of the aisle he turned around. It was epic!

The part everyone in the ceremony will always remember was when Raquel went to stand up from her chair, after signing the registry and she stumbled, but Ben caught her. Dad, quick on his heels, said, "Ben, she fell for you!"


After the ceremony, the bridal party headed UNB & STU to have our pictures done. The reception was at 7:30pm at the Oakland Farm and Lodge. It was a BEAUTIFUL evening, so guests enjoyed the warm weather outside on the decks. My two favourite moments of the reception included:



1) When Ben surprised Quel with a 1st dance. Quel always wanted one, but Ben is quite shy around crowds, so he had asked if they could skip it. However, he surprised her they had their first dance. It was so sweet.



2) When the reception was over, all the guests lined up and created a path to Ben and Quel's car and received a long sparkler. Quel loved it and has since told me, "It felt like I was in a movie."



It was a very big day indeed. I think I was more busy at this wedding then I was at my own. I was the Matron of Honour, the soloist, gave the toast to the bride, created/read a welcome to the family poem, and nursed a baby. It was difficult at times, juggling all my roles, but was worth it because I know my sister had a great day.



Love you Mr & Mrs (Ben) MacLean!


The New Poley Family




No comments:

Post a Comment