Thursday, November 15, 2012

Anna Turns One!


I cannot believe my baby is one year old. I remember when she was first born everyone would say, "Enjoy this time. It goes by so fast." I thought to myself, duh! Now, I truly realize where they were coming from. To be honest, I hardly remember any of her newborn stage. It scares me. What if I forget her whole childhood. It is whizzing by.

To celebrate Anna's 1st birthday we had two parties: a family one and a friends one. This past Saturday (November 10th) we had our family party. Everyone arrived by 11:30 AM and shortly after we had lunch: chili, nachos, salads, breads, and cupcakes. We played a group game-"What's in your bag/on your person." It's one of my favourites. Congrats to Uncle Kevin and Aunt Lorraine who won! Then we watched a video montage of Anna's 1st year put together by yours truly.

Check out the video here: Anna's Birthday Montage


 Next we opened gifts. There was only supposed to be one gift, the one from Mitch and I, but no one listened to me. Just seems silly because probably all these people will be giving her Christmas gifts too. How much does a 1 yr old really need? Anyway...she received really nice gifts. Thank you everyone. Mitch and I had my brother-in-law, Ben make Anna a toy box. He made a BEAUTIFUL one and when she is older it will turn into her hopechest. I always wanted one as a kid.

Clapping for the beautiful toy box Uncle Ben made

At this party, my sister-in-law, Olivia and Joe announced that they are pregnant by giving Anna a shirt that reads, "#1 Cousin: Coming May 2013." Congrats JOlivia!


I really want to thank all our family and friends who drove quite  a distance to celebrate with us. We had folks come from Halifax, Greenwood, Kentville, Moncton, Fredericton, and Riverside-Albert. We truly appreciate your support and love shown to our little Annabelle.

Sunday, November 11th was jam packed with activities. We attended a Remembrance Day service in Osyter Pond, went to visit the Baker's and shared an AWESOME chicken dinner, set up for Anna's party, PARTIED, visited the Baker's again, went to Ong's for chinese food, and then went to church.

There were ten kids at Anna's party ranging in ages 6 months to 4.5 years old. We mostly let them run wild, but there was a short program. We played "pass the present" Brayden Baker won. Open presents. Anna received lots of great items, mostly adorable clothing. I also made a pinata. That took a while to crack open and in the end Mitch had to destroy it for them.

At both parties Anna had a mini birthday cake which we let her devour however she liked. This was her first time eating cake and I think she may have enjoyed it...haha, ok she LOVED it!

Anna's Cake Smash

I am so proud of Anna. She is growing up to be a well-adjusted, happy, loveable little girl. We love you so much, Annabelle and truly believe that God has blessed us immensely with you.

Proud Parents of Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment